Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flagging multiple lines to extract reports.

Hi all,

I've tried searching but haven't had much luck - i might be on a fruitless quest!

What I'm looking to do is in one chart (straight table) have some sort of a check box where I can select certain lines without filtering the data. These 'checks' need to stay in place while selections change then when done be able to export these selections somehow, maybe as a report.

If i haven't been clear and need to explain further please let me know - as the above makes sense to me but might not to others!

The reason is the data shown in the dashboard in question has links to invoices that are assigned to specific cost centres, but some of these invoices need to have the total cost split to different cost centres depending on what they are.

I know this could be done manually (writing down the invoice number as you go) but it would be fantastic if I could build it into the system.

Hope someone can help!

David.

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

I think you would need to write an extension object for this.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nicole, I thought that might be the case.

I'm confident enough to give it a go but am unsure as to where to start - any advice on a starting point would be more than welcome.

Thanks,
David

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

David

How about you:

• Create an Alternate State called say InvoiceSelect
  • Create a List Box against this Alternate State InvoiceSelect
    • Maybe change its Selection Style Override to Windows CheckBoxes
    • This will be used to select your required invoices

• Create an Object for your data
  • Filter on your Alternate State InvoiceSelect
  • But in your expression also filter against the default $ State to reflect other selections
    • You'll probably need some cunning Set Analysis here..............

Best Regards,     Bill

Nicole-Smith

If you're going to go the extension route: