Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Folder access

Hello,

Can anybody explain to me the Folder access in qlikview server?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

16.5 Supervision Accounts

These accounts always have the right to open documents on the Server through one of the QlikView

clients, for example, through Open in Server in QlikView Desktop.

Add the users to the mounts in QEMC, see See "Folder Access".

27.3 Document Administrators

To delegate the responsibility of creating tasks to people not part of the QlikView Administrators group,

you can now make users document administrators. The users that are appointed document administrators

will only be able to access those tabs in QEMC that are related to either user documents or source

documents.

Add the users to the mounts in QEMC, see "System" on page 107 for adding users to a user document

folder and "System" on page 107 for adding users to source document folders.

If the users are to distribute via e-mail, you must add them to the e-mail server in the same way as the

QVS, see "System" on page 107.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

From the qlikview server reference, let me know what you don't understand

Root Folder

Enter the path to the QlikView documents that are to be accessed via the Server. This path will typically

reflect the default document location. Documents may also reside in subfolders to this folder. Windows

file security applies for all access by a client to document folders and files, unless DMS Authorization

mode is used. Read more about DMS in "Document Metadata Service (DMS)" on page 181. The default

location of the Document folder may differ depending on operating system. Windows Vista and later will

install the document folder to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents, while older Windows operating

systems, such as Windows XP, install to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application

Data\QlikTech\Documents as default.

It is also possible to specify other mounted folders. A folder set here may contain subfolders to any level.

Click the green plus sign to add other folders.

Mounted Folders

Name

Logical name of the mounted folder as seen from QlikView Server. The name set here will be part of the

path shown in the User Documents tab.

Path

The path to the folder.

Browsable

Mark this check box if the mounted folder and its contents should be browsable from the Open in Server

dialog in QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Daniel,

I just want to know if I need to add admin & users name under Document administrator and supervisions administrator or leave them blank ?

Thanks,

Nima

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Leave them blank.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I could not find the usage if them in reference manual. Still it's not cleare for me.

I leave them blank for now as you said.

Cheers,

Nima

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

16.5 Supervision Accounts

These accounts always have the right to open documents on the Server through one of the QlikView

clients, for example, through Open in Server in QlikView Desktop.

Add the users to the mounts in QEMC, see See "Folder Access".

27.3 Document Administrators

To delegate the responsibility of creating tasks to people not part of the QlikView Administrators group,

you can now make users document administrators. The users that are appointed document administrators

will only be able to access those tabs in QEMC that are related to either user documents or source

documents.

Add the users to the mounts in QEMC, see "System" on page 107 for adding users to a user document

folder and "System" on page 107 for adding users to source document folders.

If the users are to distribute via e-mail, you must add them to the e-mail server in the same way as the

QVS, see "System" on page 107.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

Super Clear now