Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

For a new learner in qlikview what are the important things to look at first

Hi:

I have started learning this reporting tool a week back. In the meantime, I have learned some imp concepts such as  Creation of list box, multibox, chart, enabling the incremental load, set analysis, conditional enablement of Dimensions and expressions, alternate states creation of QVD etc. Can anyone summarize me  in points what else I need to know to start up a project in Qlikview immediately. Also appreciate, if someone can guide me on qlikview certification process.

Thanks & Regards,

Bimala

6 Replies
vikasmahajan

Hi,

Bimala

Refer Qlikview Reference Manual as well as you can post your quires in community , on community you can learn lot of new things and demos , idea's

Good Luck

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I recommend getting a copy of the book "Qlikview 11 for Developers" by Harmsen & Garcia. Available from Amazon.

-Rob

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Bimala,

Better first you download Qlikview refrence manaual from Qlikview website , go through it and start implementing small small application. In case of any help you can post your query on discussion forum and people will help you .

Thanks,

Amit

Not applicable

Hi,

This book very good support for beginners,

"Qlikview 11 for Developers"

Regards,

raja.

Not applicable

Hi Bimala, I am a certified Designer. I did finish all the exercises in Barry Harmsen's book before giving the exam. So that should be it. But also play with the tool extensively and make sure you have an awareness of the mostly used functions in Qlikview. Apart from Qlikview, there are some general questions on Data Warehousing, Data Modelling in the exam.

Best of luck.

Not applicable

Hiii Bimala, you should also learn working with scripts , deploying QlikView applications, integration with Google Maps etc. Further, as you mention that you are a newbie to QV I would recommend you to go through this comprehensive post : What’s New in QlikView 11 | Intellipaat Blog and online video tutorial :- Qlikview Training | Qlikview Online Training | Qlikview Tutorial | Qlikview Reporting - YouTube. It is very informative and will help you a lot.