Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

For one dimension, show the first row only

In a Pivot Table, I have a calculated dimension 'Client Name'. I have another dimension Year Month.

For each Client Name, I would like to filter on the first row for Year Month. In other words, I would like to keep only the first date (Year-Month) for each Client Name.

table.PNG.png

For example, in the table above, I would to keep 2011-07 for the first client name, 2011-10 for the second client name, 2011-12 for the third, 2012-06 for the fourth etc... All other rows should be filtered out, namely 2013-06 for the second client name, etc...

Which approach would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't think this is posible in a pivot table without making the a precalculation in the script which returns only 1 value.

Other option might  be changing this to a straight table. Here you have 2 options of dimension limiting:

1. Use Dimension limits (3rd tap in object properties)
  2. Use Max Value = 1 in presentation tab and sort on latest yearmonth
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, I am trying the solution with the straight table.

1. For which dimension should I set limits? I struggle to find how to use the limits.

2. I set MaxValue to 1, and this basically shrink my table to the first row for account.... I would like to keep ALL Account, but display only one row for transaction per account.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Ah I see. I think its posible with the first option.

Could you upload the qvw?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I cannot. could you elaborate on your idea?