Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formatting Y Axis & scale of graph

HI

i have created a horizontal block graph but the problem i have got is that the captions on the y axis are too long to fit into the available space so often you see half a word with lots of dots after.

What i would like to do is to keep the graph the same size but change the layout so there is more room for the y axis and to make the graph smaller, only problem is i can't work out how to do it. The other thought i had was to change the size of the font on the Y axis but again i can't see how to do this

Is anyone able to help me

Thanks

6 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

Axis size should be automatically sized after the longest texts, however there is a limit to how much of the total chart width that will be used for axis (1/3rd i belive). You can resize the axis manually by pressing Shift+Alt and Dragging the appropriate side of your chart.

kji
Employee
Employee

Meant to write Shift+Ctrl, not Shift+Alt.

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Right click on Graph -----> Goto properties ---> Goto Axis tab ---> Now we have two frames here

1. Expression axis i.e. Y Axis and

2. Dimension Axis i.e. X Axis.

You can change font for both the axis seperately from this tab. Also you can redefine the dimension of the labels for X axis.

Also, you can relocate the position of the sub objects by using "Shift + Ctrl" Key while selecting Graph. See the image attached.

Regards,
Shumail

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Also see the below image as well

Not applicable
Author

thanks very much - this is very helpful

Not applicable
Author

I changed the font size of my Y axis for my horizontal bar chart by going to:  Presentation tab > Settings button > Font button.  Every other font button did not work for me