Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III

Formula question

I am trying to write a formula that counts certain orders.

Fields  : Status Flag, Order Number and Case Number

The status flag tells me what is going on with the case numbers for each order.  i am trying to count the number of orders that have case numbers with a status flag of "30" but also has a status flag of "00"   

Status Flag
18 Replies
clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

how do i display this in my expressions to show only these orders for this formula?

sunny_talwar

Use this set analysis in your expression

{<[Order Number] = p({<[Status Flag] = {'30'}>})*p({<[Status Flag] = {'00'}>})>}

clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried that before asking and it errors saying garbage after expression "="

sunny_talwar

What exact expression did you use?

clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

{<[Order Number] = p({<[Status Flag] = {'30'}>})*p({<[Status Flag] = {'00'}>})>}

i copied what you have here  i just replaced the field names with the ones i actually have  which is this

{<[ORDER_NO] = p({<[Status Flag] = {'30'}>})*p({<[Status Flag] = {'00'}>})>}

and it shows this error  Garbage after expression: "="

sunny_talwar

But where is the expression my friend? This is set analysis... but where is Sum or Avg or Min or Max of a field?

clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i apologize not sure.  i am trying to display these orders in a straight table so for the orders expression.  i added this expression.  i don't want to do any calculations like Sum Avg or Min or Max.  i only want to display all other orders that meet this criteria.   so all orders that have cartons with a status 00 and 30 within the same order

sunny_talwar

You want to show this in a straight table? Without an expression? Okay, may be add a dummy expression like this

Dimension

ORDER_NO

Expression

Count({<[ORDER_NO] = p({<[Status Flag] = {'30'}>})*p({<[Status Flag] = {'00'}>})>} ORDER_NO)

and then on the presentation tab, just hide your expression column so that you only see your Dimension. Does that make sense?

clsaulsberry
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes sir   thank you so much!