Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

From Evaluation license back to "no license"

Hi,

I have got an evaluation license for a limited period.

What shoul I do with my license settings and documents so that I can still work on them after the license will expire?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Unless you get a new license you won't be able to work with the documents you created anymore. The only settings that will prevent that are a new license key and control number. Documents created by a different Qlikview Personal installation or with a licensed Qlikview installation cannot be used by an unlicensed (i.e. Personal Edition) of Qlikview.

If you're using Qlikview Desktop and have a licensed Qlikview Server installation with user cals available you could lease a user cal from the server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Unless you get a new license you won't be able to work with the documents you created anymore. The only settings that will prevent that are a new license key and control number. Documents created by a different Qlikview Personal installation or with a licensed Qlikview installation cannot be used by an unlicensed (i.e. Personal Edition) of Qlikview.

If you're using Qlikview Desktop and have a licensed Qlikview Server installation with user cals available you could lease a user cal from the server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Not the best news

Not applicable
Author

It still should be possible to use one recovery attempt and urbrain13 should be able to open all previously made documens. Or am i incorrect?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm willing to give it a try. 🙂