Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Full Accumulation and Percents - please help someone

I've got such an issue. I have "Sales per day" and "Marge per day" in my Qlikview report and I also use FULL ACCUMULATION with both of them. Now I need to add one more column which will be counted with use of previous two columns as "Marge per Day"/"Sales per day" and I need this field also to be with FULL ACCUMULATION. I tried to use Inter-record function Column() to evaluate this third column but when I use it, it ignores FuLL ACCUMALATION option. And when I use "Marge per Day"/"Sales per day" in expression and turn on FULL ACCUMULATION of course it just sum all results which is not what I need. Can anybody give me a piece of advice what to do?

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you name/label your first expression "one" and your second expression "two" you can add a second expression that equals one/two. Then check Full Accumulation. Maybe this will help.

Not applicable
Author

It didn't work. Maube I should explain it a little bit more clearily. Imagine I have data for three days about Sales and Marge

MondayTuesdayWednesday
Sales5105
Marge261

And I want to add one more column with MargeCoeff,for instance, which will be counted like this :

MargeCoeff for Monday = Marge for Monday / Sales for Monday

MargeCoeff for Tuesday = (Marge for Monday+Marge for Tuesday)/(Sales for Monday+Sales for Tuesday)

MargeCoeff for Wednesday = (Marge for Monday+Marge for Tuesday+Marge for Wednesday)/(Sales for Monday+Sales for Tuesday+Sales for Wednesday)

And I still can't find the way to do this 😞

Not applicable
Author

I believe your going to have to use some form of set analysis. So take Tuesday for example, the equation might look like:

MargeCoeff for Tuesday = Count( {$<SalesDayOfWeek={"<=$(=2 )"}>} Sales) / Count( {$<=MargeDayOfWeek={"<$(=2)"}>} Sales)

This assumes you have a DayOfWeek field so the answer kind of depends on how you have your dates set up.

Not applicable
Author

Hi patcionov,

Check attached file, tell me if that helps.

Not applicable
Author

is this what you're looking for?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry,

A few parentheses missing. This is you answer. The expression is:

(Marge+rangesum(above(Marge,1,
rowno())))
/
(Sales+rangesum(above(Sales,1,
rowno())))

Not applicable
Author

Ah ok, that works too. Easy thing to miss, I do that a lot.

Not applicable
Author

thank that's working. But I didn't see this correction/ Instead of this I just used Inter-record frunction Column and that was the formula I used - Column(1)/Column(2). Thank you very much

Not applicable
Author

Hi Moshe & Pactionov,

Just wrote out the individual Sales & Marge for quick data validation. Ultimately, I guess you only want the %age value. Have fun.