Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fully expanded straight table and pivot table with coloured column names

My requirement is that straight table and pivot table should be fully expanded even on selecting a column value - how do I achieve this - as it drills down to its selection . Also observed is that if i use set analysis in expression to keep the box fully expanded, the background colour set in the columns go away and turn white based when there is selection in one column. So please let me know how I can maintain the background colours in the columns even after selection and how do I keep the straight table and pivot table fully expanded on selection.

8 Replies
its_anandrjs

When using the charts straight or pivot you have to set SET expression on the expression.

Ex:-

Sum( {1} Sales )

sunny_talwar

You might have to ignore selection in your color expression as well... What is your color expression?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the background colour set on my dimension which shows red, amber, green as the background. It is in the form of a nested IF:  If ( Red, RGB(), If (Green, RGB() , If (Amber, (RGB() .... ))

Sunny, how do I ignore selection in my colour expression. The other colours turn white when I make a selection in another column.

its_anandrjs

I mean is SET Analysis expression.

Sum( {1} Sales )

Or

Sum({1} {<Product={'A','B'}>} Sales)

Or maybe you can share your expressions.

sunny_talwar

Is Red, Green, Amber the name of your dimension? Try this

If(Only({1} Red), RGB(), If (Only({1} Green), RGB() , If (Only({1} Amber), (RGB() .... ))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thank you, I think that should work. I will try that out.

Can you also let me know suppose I have text objects in Red, Green and Amber with Actions set on them for select in fields to select a particular field to drill down a table beneath it, Would these select in field actions work in the AJAX browser when we publish them on Ajax. basically do text object actions work on Ajax. Thanks in Advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, So do Text object select in field Actions work in Ajax client. I plan to have some coloured text objects that will do the filtering on a table based on select in Actions . Do you have any idea whether these text box actions will work on the Ajax browser when we deploy them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny, Thank you for your previous response. Require a response for this one.

Do Text Object Actions run on Ajax Browser ???!!

I plan to use a few Red Green Amber Text objects and have Actions on them to select in fields to filter out a table beneath it. Will these Select In field Actions of these text boxes work in Ajax browser. Basically will Actions work in Ajax browser. Please kindly let me know. This would be really helpful! Thanks in advance!