Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Function to get the list of locked fields

Hello All!

My query is a follow up of this post: Function to find out whether a field is locked‌.

Since it's been posted a year ago I thought I would ask again as something new might have been developed in the meantime.

Would you know a way to return the list of locked fields within QlikView? Or maybe there is a way to achieve that with the JS API?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Janusz

2 Replies
avinashelite

As per my knowledge , currently we don't have any functions in Qlikview we need to make use of Macro only

marcus_sommer

If you looked from the outside on the qvw by reading their meta-data it should be possible. I remember that there is a flag IsLocked for each field is included. But from the inside only the macro-stuff will definitely work.

There could be another possibilty by reading the field-properties getselectedcount, getpossiblecount and/or getfieldselections into a variable, trigger an selection-action like "choose excluded values" or similar or try to select directly a value(-list) per fieldvalue() or concat() and compare then the current field-properties against the stored variable - but I'm not sure if you get a stable solution then you will probably need more then one action (clearing and storing from variable-values and the select-action) and actions won't be executed compelling sequentielly.

- Marcus