Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GPS Coordinates from 2 seperate tables and route designation

Hallo,

I have a peculiar problem; I have 2 tables, 1st one with the GPS coordinates for routes and the 2nd table with gps positions of moving fleet vehicles. Vehicles transmits GPS coords every 10minutes.

Problem 1:

Now, my first problem was trying to determine on which route the vehicle was travelling. The objective is to get average fuel consumption and time travelled on a specific route... as well as driver habits.

I tried a solution placed elsewhere on the community where MAX lat's and lon's to the position GPS lat's and lon's...

This prooved difficult since a route has a start and an end, but some routes overlap and some positions could be closer to another route than the one it is meant to be on .

Problem 2:

Trying to visualize routes and vehicle positions on a map. My thinking was that if I could see the routes and positions on one map, I could maybe identify trends/similarities, etc. I can map the routes and vehicle positions on 2 seperate charts, and overlaying them "looks" ok, but then as soon as you make selections(vehicle, route, etc), the zoom of the map interferes. I tried using parameters in a variable to interchange the lat and lon fields, but I just get a "No Data" error in the object.

If I can sort out problem 1, where Vehicle Positions are related to a route, Problem 2 dissapears.

has anybody had any luck:

1, doing route positioning from 2 seperate tables?

2, how to show GPS coords from 2 seperated (unrelated) tables on the same map

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rico

0 Replies