Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge with 3 Segments (Red, Amber & Green)

Hi,

Im having some trouble setting the 'Lower Bound' values for the 3 segments of my Gauge Chart.

For the Green Segment I need only values >1

For the Amber Segment I need only value >=0 and <1

For the Red Segment I need only value <0.

Can  anyone tell me how to set the lower bound value of the red segment please?

Many thanks for your help.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to specify a Min value in the Gauge Settings that's lower than 0. Then you can uncheck the option Autowidth segments and specify the lower bounds for the segments. The red segment should have the Min value as lower bound. And promote the red segment to the top position. Add a new segment for amber and promote it to the second slot. The amber segment should have 0 as lower bound and the green segment should have 1 as lower bound.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

gauges have a min and max value.

the range within these borders can be devided into segments, but for each segment, you can only set a lower bound. this lower bound will automatically be the upper bound for the previous segment.

you can do this on the presentation tab. In the upper left, you can enter the gauge limits.

A bit to the right, you can define your segment. Remeber to check of the 'autowidth segments' (bottom left).

In your case: Segment 1 is red. Segment 2 is amber with lower bound 0, segment 3 is green with lower bound 1.

Trick will be defining the gauge limits. -1 and 2 ?

It's best to build your expression so that it (almost) always gives a value between those limits.

Regards,

Yves

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

First of all remove the selection called "Autowidth segment"

Now click on the Segment1 Give the value same as the value you defined for min (Say -0.10)

Then change the color to Red.

Click on the segment2 and change value to 0

and Change the color to Amber

And click on the segment3  and change the value to 1

and change the color to Green.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!