Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generating PDF Reports

I am looking for the best way to generate PDF reports and publish them for specific time period.  I looking to build reports for the Previous Day, Previous Week, Previous Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly.

I have created buttons in other dashboards that can make these selections for me, but what is the best way to automate this when you are wanting to use PDF reports and publisher?

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Mark,

generating reports is a built-in feature of QlikView. You can create reports for any app you have developed, including in the report any objects from your app.

=> The report, though static in appearance, will have up-to-date data with every reload.

This report can be printed from the app.

The publisher will, afaIk, NOT automatically generate pdf_reports. That was the reason we didn't buy it.

<=> There are other tools available that you could use to automate that.

As for the selections, you would have to put them into set_expressions to have only the desired data in your reports - or create a bookmark with those selections (or a button) and use that before activating a report.

Set_expressions are the more elegant way - I got to do this because in IE you cannot lay triggers on a sheet - well, you can, but they don't work - and I did not want my users to have to do two things (first press the button to activate a sheet and then print the corresp. report)

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler