Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generation of missing dates across common axis for multiple date fields

I am using a combination of Canonical Calendar and Generating missing reference dates concept .

we have multiple systems migrated into one new system and I need to show all dates on one time axis.

eg. [Opened Date], [Resolution Date] from New system

[Date Raised],[Resolved Date] from TR System

[Open date UTC],[Resolve date UTC] from IN system

I need to show a trend of outstanding tickets across one common month axis.

Outstanding ticket count as of 28 Feb = all tickets with blank [Resolution Date],[Resolved Date] and [Resolve date UTC] while being opened in Feb or prior to Feb. +

Tickets that were opened in Feb or prior to Feb but resolved after 28 Feb.

I am able to generate missing dates but only for one date field.

Challenge that I am facing is that even if I generate missing dates for each of these date fields how do i show it all on one axis.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the Opened Date, Date Raised and Open date UTC all mean the same thing, then I would alias them so the name is the same:

LOAD

[Opened Date]

LOAD

[Date Raised] as [Opened Date],

etc

(This is assuming, of course, that you are concatenating the facts from all three sources into a single fact table)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If the Opened Date, Date Raised and Open date UTC all mean the same thing, then I would alias them so the name is the same:

LOAD

[Opened Date]

LOAD

[Date Raised] as [Opened Date],

etc

(This is assuming, of course, that you are concatenating the facts from all three sources into a single fact table)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan.. This helped and it did work out though script takes a longer time to load