cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III

GeoAnalytics Install Not Working

I cannot seem to get the GeoAnalytics desktop versrion install to work on my machine. I've been following the steps in this link https://support.qlik.com/articles/000032227, but ultimately after clicking the qar file the extensions do not install in any folder.

I have also uninstalled all prior versions of GeoAnalytics  before attempting to install the new version (September 2019). 

Has anyone come across this issue or can you provide any direction on how to solve this? 

Labels (7)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mark, sorry for the duplicate link Nadia provided, I had to check twice to see that it was what you had already tried...  The only thing coming to mind here is some sort of security issue, have you tried right-clicking on the executable and using Run as Administrator option to run things?  That is about the only thing of which I can think at the moment given the symptoms of things.  Let us know if you are still stuck and where you are if so, and can try to do some further digging, but hopefully the above may do the trick.  Ah, I did think of one other thing, sometimes in the properties of things you have to 'enable' on one of the property tabs, that is the only other thing of which I can think, but we should have noted that in the article if that is the case.  Only other thing would be something in your environment blocking you from running things due to it not being on an approved list, so might be worth checking with Desktop/Security guys to be sure that is not in play...  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I have done all of those items without any luck. After speaking with a few others it seems as if new security upgrades may prevent this from being installed on the computer, because I am certain previous versions have worked in the past. I was not able to completely verify this because I was under a time constraint and needed to get this installed ASAP. The workaround was that qlik provided me the new extension files in a zip folder and I moved them to the correct location. I will double check with the security team next time an upgrade is needed. Thank you

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mark, sorry for the duplicate link Nadia provided, I had to check twice to see that it was what you had already tried...  The only thing coming to mind here is some sort of security issue, have you tried right-clicking on the executable and using Run as Administrator option to run things?  That is about the only thing of which I can think at the moment given the symptoms of things.  Let us know if you are still stuck and where you are if so, and can try to do some further digging, but hopefully the above may do the trick.  Ah, I did think of one other thing, sometimes in the properties of things you have to 'enable' on one of the property tabs, that is the only other thing of which I can think, but we should have noted that in the article if that is the case.  Only other thing would be something in your environment blocking you from running things due to it not being on an approved list, so might be worth checking with Desktop/Security guys to be sure that is not in play...  Sorry I do not have anything better for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I have done all of those items without any luck. After speaking with a few others it seems as if new security upgrades may prevent this from being installed on the computer, because I am certain previous versions have worked in the past. I was not able to completely verify this because I was under a time constraint and needed to get this installed ASAP. The workaround was that qlik provided me the new extension files in a zip folder and I moved them to the correct location. I will double check with the security team next time an upgrade is needed. Thank you