Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II

Get maximum selection in list box

Friends,

I have a list box consists of 12 month from Jan to Dec. when i multi-select the month like Jan to Mar, other associated objects gets associated for maximum selected month like Mar data. I want to do it in list box itself rather than set expression in all objects.

Please let me know in case of any clarifications.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

See, first I try to select multiple values from month field, but when leave my mouse - it ends up selecting the max value. The later part of screen shot shows how I set the trigger.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

17 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

can you please explain more?

you have list box on which you do multiple selections (jan to mar)

what you want to do in another listbox ??

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No not in another list box. if i select Jan to march in that list box, charts will show march data only. suppose when a user select May to October in that list box, then charts need to show October data . like wise i need to show maximum month data in charts.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I'm sorry i can't follow you,

it is good to attach some screen shots, tell us what kind of objects you use or attach a sample app

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

Maybe something like this?

Sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(Year))"}>} Measure)

Obviously I used Year here, you would switch to your date.

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes. but this expression need to be used in chart for maximum selection. But i have to done it in list box itself.

datagrrl
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, I really do not understand what you are asking. Maybe if you mocked up what you expected to see.

You said above that you do not need to do it in another list box.

If you want the second list box to only show your selected months, you might want to create a "list box" using a straight table.

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

In the below image you could see that chart show data from Jan to APR. but i want to show only April data without changing the expression inside the chart.

Sample screenshot.png

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II
Author

kindly find the screenshot which i attached in below comments

alis2063
Creator III
Creator III

So you you will have to define the expression as below  in  each chart i.e Straight table ,pie,line chart  where you are showing the analysis

Sum({<Year = {"$(=Max(monthnumber))"}>} Measure)