Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GetCurrentSelections()

Hi Guys,

I have three list boxes as Continent,Country and City.

I have to display in title the population of the Continent and have to disable the Country and City as filters.

Well I have used the following formula as I have to display the name appended to the population count.

=if(GetCurrentSelections(Continent) > 0,(GetCurrentSelections(Continent)&'   '&$(vCountofPopulation)),'Please select a Continent')

So whats happening is, this is working perfectly fine but, though I have blocked the Country and City as follows still if I filter by Country / city , it appears in the title like , "London 35000"

=sum({<Type={'Men','Women','Child'},Status={'Active','Closed','Complete'},Country =,City=>} Population)

- Why on earth are the other Filters getting picked up.

Please suggest.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You should rather use GetFieldSelections(), Getcurrentselections() doesn't take a field argument.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Your expression doesn't even have any reference to Country (Assuming London is a country and not a continent). Are you sure there are not multiple text boxes one on top of each other and this is another text box that showed up? May be share you app so that we can look at it?

Not applicable
Author

vCountofPopulation =sum({<Type={'Men','Women','Child'},Status={'Active','Closed','Complete'},Country =,City=>} Population)

- 1.This what I want to do , I will have 3 list boxes one each for Continent , Country and City.

2.When I filter by Continent I will have the results in a text box as Europe : 50,000

3.When I try to use the Country and City list boxes the above should not change , mean I have to disable the selection only for this text box.

4.I believe when I said Country =,City= , it would disable it but its not happening.

Hope I have explained it better now.

Please Suggest

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You should rather use GetFieldSelections(), Getcurrentselections() doesn't take a field argument.

Not applicable
Author

You are a STAR mate , it works perfect.

Thanks