Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GetFieldSelections

Hello,

My use of GetFieldSelections in the file attached is not giving me what I need.

I would like to have 3 charts.

one is with the category per year, second is country per year and the third is the combination of the both.

when I select only from the category I see what I want to see.

when I select only from the country I see what I want to see.

BUT when I select from the category and the country I see at both graph the same result.

if it is possible

I would like to hide the 2 first graphs and see only the 3rd one when I select from country and category. maybe some kind of a recording macro (dont know if it existent)

or

I would like to have a 3rd graph that showing the combination of the two, but not showing the combination on the 2 first charts like it dose now.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Asaf cadmon via dikla

2 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Asaf,

Let me make sure if I have understood the requirement fully. You have 3 chart objects with following information.

Chart 1 : Categories per Year

Chart 2 : Countries per Year

Chart 3 : Countries & Categories per Year

Now, when the user selects only Category then you wanted to show Chart 1 and hide other two charts. Vice-versa when the user selects the Country. And only when user selects both Country & Category you wanted to show the both the charts. Is this right?

If this is what you need then I am attaching an example. You need to use the below expression under Layout Tab > Show > Conditional

=GetSelectedCount(Country) > 0

I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

This is great!

Not exactly what I meant but I think it is good enough

thank you very much!