Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator

Getting OUT OF OBJECT MEMORY

HI Experts,

Can i please know why i am getting the error OUT OF OBJECT MEMORY when i want to see the data . The data iis in the container object . Out of Object Memory.jpg

Thanks,

Sandeep.

9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi ,

When the Data is Huge more than the Capability of RAM , then the Operating Sytem try to use

Hard Disk memory as Vertual Memory and then if this also fails to accomplain the Data

then the "Out of Memory" is pop up.

You can aviod while loading try to Load like 1 miilion records using

First 1000000

Load *

from

['.....] ;

Please reply me for the same .

Regards

//Yusuf

sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Yusuf ,

There are taking the data from the data base . So, my question is Do we have to change the script in every tab in the script editor or ???

Thanks,

Sandeep

Not applicable

HI ,

If this problem is on your Local Machine (Desktop ),

then For testing your  Application you can use Load only few thousands of records .

like in the Script before only few tables which loads millions of rows (huge Data Tables).

Table:

First 10000;

Load * ;

Sql Select * from DB.TableName ;

Once your application is working fine . then at the time of Deployment you can comment that "first 10000" ;

But if this Probem you are getting On QlikView sever(After Deployment of QlikView Server) then you have increase the scaling of RAM and also the Processor  .

Please reply me for the same.

//Yusuf

sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Yusuf,

Thanks for the immediate reply....infact i am facing this problem after the server deployment...can you please guide me on how to increase the scaling RAM and CPU for a specific object or sheet if its possible. Your help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandeep

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sandeep,

When you are getting this error, while viewing the chart or while loading the data?  I think it occurs while viewing the charts, if you are displaying huge data in Pivot / Straight table or Aggr() or Distinct this may occur.

Regards,

Jagan.

sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the review....can you guide me on how to resolve this issue i am facing by scaling the RAM/CPU of the server or is there another way around this.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Not applicable

tHI ,

what i suggest is not to load data from DataBase for the All years .

Try to have a StartDate = 2012-01-01 , and try to load only last year data instead of loading the Entire Data

from the DataBase .

It is always good have a startDate for loading data of last 6 months or 12 months .

instead of loading data of last 5 years and so on.

Please reply me for the same.

//Yusuf

sandeepprasad_j
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Yusuf ,

Thanks for giving the reply ... but its not solving my issue.can you guide me on how to resolve this issue i am facing by scaling the RAM/CPU of the server or is there another way around this.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

When you are getting this error, what is your database size and number of records in the table, and what is your machine configuration, like RAM etc.

Regards,

Jagan.