Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Getting Selected Value of Locked Field into a Variable

Hi, Im having difficulty getting the selected value of a list box (which is locked) into a variable.

When a user clicks to 'Enter Dashboard' from the front page of our qvw - an Organisation field is locked based on the UserID.  I also need to pass this listbox value to a variable to be used in NPrinting.  

This is the expression Im using in the variable :

=If(count(distinct [Organisation])=1,[Organisation],
  If(count(distinct [Organisation])>1,'Multiple Selected','No Organisation Chosen') 

When I run a report after clicking to enter the app (ie the Organisation field is locked to one Organisation) the Nprint Report is showing 'Multiple Selected'. If I unlock this field and select an Organisation the correct value is displayed in the report.  

Is there a specific method to get the selected value from a locked field?

Many thanks

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If i understand correct, there is an intention that you want to unlock from QV when it involved N-Printing or is this something different? There might be some filter assigned to the button where you hit to enter the dashboard. 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful