Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninnartx
Creator
Creator

Getting an error with Text as Pop-Up

Hi everyone,

Im getting "Drawing of chart failed internally" error when I tried to add an expression as Text as Pop-Up to my line chart.

I only get this error when the text as pop-up expression is above the line expression.

I don't get the error if my line expression is above my text as pop-up expression. However, in this case, when I hover over the chart, the text as pop-up expression does not appear. 

If I choose to display data as straight table, there is no error. The values appear nicely on the table.

Unfortunately I cannot share a sample app, but if anyone could provide speculations as to why this is happening that'd be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

I figured it out! So I fixed the colors of my line chart using a basic RGB expression in Background Color. But did not add the same RGB expression to my Text as Pop-Up expression. (I didn't think the text as pop-up needed background colors???)

So when I added the same RGB expression to all my expressions, the error disappeared!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Ninnart, seems a problem with the expression, can you share the expression used?

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

The line chart is showing year-to-date %MS. And I would like show %Gr (comparing this YTD to previous year's YTD) when the users hover over the lines.

I'm not sure which expression is incorrect since all of them show up correctly when I display the data in a straight table...

First dimension: Qtr

Second dimension: Products

line expression (%MS):

aggr(

rangesum(above(sum({<Year=2017>}values), 0, RowNo())) /

rangesum(above(sum(TOTAL <Qtr> {<Year=2017>}values), 0, RowNo()))

, Products, Qtr)

text as pop-up expression (%Gr):

aggr(

rangesum(above(sum({<Year=2017>}values), 0, RowNo()))

, Products, Qtr) 

/

aggr(

rangesum(above(sum({<Year=2016>}values), 0, RowNo()))

, Products, Qtr)  - 1

Thanks so much for your time!

rubenmarin

I think it's for the 2nd expression, have you tried?:

aggr(

rangesum(above(sum({<Year={2017}>}values), 0, RowNo()))

/ rangesum(above(sum({<Year={2016}>}values), 0, RowNo()))

, Products, Qtr)  - 1

The first one also needs the {} in set analysis values.

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

oh shoot sorry i missed the curly brackets in my example. the {} are there in the actual app. Is there anything else you think could be causing this issue?

rubenmarin

Have you tried to change the 2nd expression to the one i posted before?

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes I did. still no luck

rubenmarin

Seems to work for me, i will need a sample to check the differences.

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried to come up with a sample app too but could not replicate the error. My sample app works fine as well...

I'll keep digging and will update if i figure it out

ninnartx
Creator
Creator
Author

I figured it out! So I fixed the colors of my line chart using a basic RGB expression in Background Color. But did not add the same RGB expression to my Text as Pop-Up expression. (I didn't think the text as pop-up needed background colors???)

So when I added the same RGB expression to all my expressions, the error disappeared!