Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Getting different result for the same set analysis expression

I have a set analysis expression that I am using in pivot table and they are as below:

Dimensions:

ID

UsedDate

Time

Expressions:

=Sum(For_mms) / count({<Source={'XYZ'}>} DISTINCT [UsedDate])  <-------------------- I am getting 43 in the pivot

Text Box:

=Sum(For_mms) / count({<Source={'XYZ'}>} DISTINCT [UsedDate])   <-------------------- I am getting 48 in the text box

When I am using the same set analysis expression in the pivot and text box I get different results ? What am I missing here ?

Thanks

16 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why are you looking at the 5am column and only for ID 590000? You don't filter for those values in your count expression. You're comparing apples and oranges.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have simply forgotten to take into account that the Text Box does not select or qualify the expression in any way to just use 5 AM. The Pivot Table has the time as a dimension and it will calculate the expression for each time as separate columns.

Just click in the Time list box on the 5 AM and you will see that 48 = 48.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

I was pointing out the 5 am and ID 590000 as an example. Let me see if I can explain this little better:

There are 3 ID's in the dashboard and when you count the number of Distinct "UsedeDate" I have 48 days.

So in the chart expression I need the same 48 days regardless of the Time to calculate for each ID. Meaning no matter what ID I select or not select it should only take 48 days into consideration. Hope this is clear...

Thank you for your time.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Yes, the pivot table has the time dimension and it is calculating for each time as separate column. I don't want to take Time into the account. For example ID 590000 and Time 5am has only 43 "UsedeDate"  records. But if you disregard Time 5am then I have 48 records for "UsedeDate".. How can i put this logic in the expression ?

Thank you for your time...

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

Avinash, i am not getting the correct results.

For example ID 590000 and Time= 5am has only 43 "UsedeDate"  records. But if you disregard Time= 5am then I have 48 records for "UsedeDate"..  i want  to disregard the time and get the 48 days. How can i put this logic in the expression ? I modified the expression as below:

=Aggr(Sum(For_mms) / count({<Source={'XYZ'},Time=>} DISTINCT [UsedeDate]),ID,UsedeDate,Time) but I am getting zeros. I don't think it should Aggr because then it will take 43 days only instead of 48 days. Hope I am clear.

Thanks

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To disregard selections you can put in Time= to disregard any selections on the Time field. For instance like this:

Count( { < Source={'XYZ'}, Type={'B'}, Time= ,ID= ,UsedeDate= > } DISTINCT [UsedeDate])

Here you will always take into the calculation Source and Type with the specific values and Time, ID and UsedeDate without any particularly selected values - which will be all values of these three fields....

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II
Author

I changed the expression as below:

=IF(Dimensionality()= 2, Num(Sum(For_mms) / Aggr(count({<Source={'XYZ'},Time=>} DISTINCT [UsedDate]),ID),'#,##0.0'),Num(SUM(For_mms),'#,##0'))

So using the above expression I am getting the correct result. But the Average is showing only for the first column (5am) at the bottom. Remaining columns are showing a dash. How can I show the averages for the other columns also at the bottom

Date           5am 6am 7am 8am 9am 10am 11am 12pm etc..

12/1/2015    10    10     5

12/2/2015     20   10     5

Average:       15    --     --

Total    :        30    20   10

Thank you