Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the integers from the db

I have my qvw file connected to a db through ODBC. I'm fetching the data using LOAD statement, where I'm loading each column as a unique file name. the data that is saved in the table is in the form of VARCHAR. The data is differentiated on the basics of week number, meaning week1 has a value in requirements as' 7/11 requirements have been meet', but for week 2 has value 'Requirement 10 has been accomplished'  .And in the end the data is to be shown in the text box object. I'm using" =Concat(requirement,chr(13)) "  in the text box properties [requirement being the column name]

Problem: How to extract just the integer values that are available in the column? How to show the distinct values in the textbox?

what should I be doing here?

Kindly help me out. Let me know if anything is not understandable.

12 Replies
sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

Hello,

Can you give an example of your script?

Thanks and Regards

tresesco
MVP
MVP

To extract the numbers, you can probably use KeepChar(), like:

KeepChar('Requirement 10 has been accomplished', '1234567890')  ->  returns 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is what I'm trying out : please recommend :

load

mid(Requirement,0,4) as Requirements,

/*With this I'm getting the initial 4 values of all the rows in the column*/

/*SubField(Requirement,' ',1) as requirement,*/

/*Didn't get any answer*/

SQL SELECT *

FROM database.`xml`; /*Database is the db name and xml is table name, requirements is the column name*/

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I really thought it would work.But it is not showing any data. I thin the issue is in the display of text box, I used your query KeepChar(requirements, '1234567890') as requirements, the n in text box properties, I tried = requirements.

Kindly help out

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This works textbox only when there is a single record in the scope. Select any requirement, you would see it's value in the textbox.

sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

I agree with Tresesco.

Formula will work in the text box if you select a requirement.

Without selection:

Capture1.JPG

With a selection:

Capture2.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just to clarify, the there are two columns requirements and week. So could you tell me how to select a single one. I'm not sure how to do it, because I'm directly fetching it from the the db and can't have a list box present there in the display as mentioned by @sara. I hope I'm understandable.

sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

I'm not sure to understand your problem.

Can you give us your Qlikview application (or a simplified version if data are private)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually this is the simplified version, data is confidential that is why I'm unable to share the code with you our the qvw file.

Please see the screenshots, hopefully this will bring about some clarification :

1.PNG

2.PNG3.PNG

I was hoping here in text box I would only see 7/11 and in  another text box just 10. Kindly help