Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickP_DF
Creator II
Creator II

Global calculation condition

Hi guys,

is it possible to apply the same calculation condition to all the sheets of a Qw file setting it in one place instead of placing it in every chart?

(I'd like to avoid the calculation if no-selections are made, so that a computer freeze due to the large amount of data to be analyzed can't occurs).

Thank you so much.

N.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not possible. To simplify such task  you may use one or several variables and/or using a macro. Helpful could further be to create new objects not from the scratch else to copy an existing one - maybe a master-object for each relevant object-type from which it inherits the properties (not only for this condition else for many other settings - if needed is removing/changing a few one easier and faster than setting nearly everything new).

Further useful may be to implement a landing-page within the application without real application data and objects unless the main listbox for selections and with descriptions to the application content and their recommended usage - means the request to make selections. Maybe also with further links to the sheets and adding some actions with default-selections by opening them.

Another thought might go to the number of visible objects and how they are designed - especially tables which may return millions of rows or have a large number of columns and/or expressions should be avoided because nobody could really work with them in Qlik.

Before considering anything from above I suggest to check and optimize the datamodel because it's essential for the UI performance, means:

• only needed records
  • only needed fields - no record-id's
  • using a star-scheme or even a big flat-table and never a link-table approach
  • removing multiple formatting within a field
  • splitting timestamps into dates and times and the same by similar fields
  • many more measures

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's not possible. To simplify such task  you may use one or several variables and/or using a macro. Helpful could further be to create new objects not from the scratch else to copy an existing one - maybe a master-object for each relevant object-type from which it inherits the properties (not only for this condition else for many other settings - if needed is removing/changing a few one easier and faster than setting nearly everything new).

Further useful may be to implement a landing-page within the application without real application data and objects unless the main listbox for selections and with descriptions to the application content and their recommended usage - means the request to make selections. Maybe also with further links to the sheets and adding some actions with default-selections by opening them.

Another thought might go to the number of visible objects and how they are designed - especially tables which may return millions of rows or have a large number of columns and/or expressions should be avoided because nobody could really work with them in Qlik.

Before considering anything from above I suggest to check and optimize the datamodel because it's essential for the UI performance, means:

• only needed records
  • only needed fields - no record-id's
  • using a star-scheme or even a big flat-table and never a link-table approach
  • removing multiple formatting within a field
  • splitting timestamps into dates and times and the same by similar fields
  • many more measures

- Marcus

NickP_DF
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your very exhaustive answer!

Sorry if I didn't answer before, but I didn't receive the notification.

I'll follow your suggestions to reach the better result is possible.

See you soon.

Nick.