Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Google Fonts in Qlikview

Hello Everyone!

I have a qvw and i want to add a google font to use on it, but the font isn't available to pick!

I have read the post 8 steps to customize your QlikView apps with Google Fonts but isn't working

I upload the qvw and the qar file, Im working on my machine with qlikview desktop (11).

Thank you!

12 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's a possibility, although many sysadmins prefer a more automated distribution mechanism. The distribution via the QVWS (so called "web fonts") is another mechanism that works without local installation.

The fat clients will automatically pick up any locally installed font, but a web page in a browser will/might not. Therefor it depends on what client is being used to visualize QV documents. If any device uses the AJAX client, you will need to extend the CSS-code and include font definitions that may refer to locally installed fonts. YMMV

Best,

Peter

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Ok thanks.  The users all use Ajax so this means we would need the document extension, which isn't possible/straight-forward as it's not on the google site.

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using the document extension, I believe that you are able to point the users web browser to a font located on the QVWS and download/use this in the page rendering.

That means that the you'll need the Frutiger .ttf-file, and use the same procedure as described in the 8 steps.