Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Maps API

Hello,

I was looking some QV Dashboards and I found that I can insert a map with some information inside. How can I add this kind of object and associate the places with the information?

If anyone has a demo or some code, please let me know.

That will be great.

Thank you very much.

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Juan,

Could you solve your problem? I'm trying to create a map with Colombia coordinates, I'm using "Steps to Implement Google Map in Qlikview" in QlikView PE, but it didn't work. I didn't get any symbol on the map. Could you help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi andreqlik,

I solved my problem and here I attach a qvw for you to check it out.

Hope it helps!

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the file but I have Personal Edition and I can't open files. Could you share your code or tell me what exactly changed for the map work?

Best Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I am also having this problem.  I am followed the steps and this is what i get.  Can anyone help me? 

What did i do wrong?

I cant seem to display google map. 

I had used the scripts above.

test.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the Colors tab, look for the Frame Background. Now check Dynamic Image and in the expression paste this:

='http://maps.google.com/staticmap?center='

&

num(var_mid_lat, '##############', '.', ',' )

&

','

&

num(var_mid_long, '##############', '.', ',' )

&

'&zoom=$(var_zoom)'

&

'&maptype='&var_maptype

&

'&size='&map_size_x&'x'&map_size_y

&

'&key='&gmap_key & '&.jpg'

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately still the same... Screenshot.jpg

I have attached my Qlikview file.  Hope you could enlighten me on how to do it step by step? as i will not be able to open your file since I am using the personal edition.

thanks much

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the Axes Tab, you have to modify the Static Min and Max.

X-Axis:

Static Min:

(256 * pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))) + ( var_mid_long * ((256 * pow(2,$(var_zoom))) / 360)) - Round(map_size_x/2)

Static Max:

((256 * pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))) + ( var_mid_long * ((256 * pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) + Round(map_size_x/2)-15)

Y-Axis:

Static Min:

((256 * pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))) + ((0.5 * log((1 + (sin(var_mid_lat * pi() / 180))) / (1 - (sin(var_mid_lat * pi() / 180))))) * ((-256 * pow(2,$(var_zoom))) / (2*pi()))) + Round(map_size_y/2))

Static Max:

=((256 * pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1))) + ((0.5 * log((1 + (sin(var_mid_lat*pi()/180))) / (1 - (sin(var_mid_lat * pi() / 180))))) * ((-256 * pow(2,$(var_zoom))) / (2 * pi()))) - round(map_size_y/2)+15)

Also te gmap_key that you where using won't plot anything. I reatached, please reload and let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks... This is what it looks like now...  what do you mean by gmap_key wont plot anything? Could you tell me where to find the gmap_key?

I cant open your qvw file, sorry, as i am working off the personal edition.... could i trouble you to explain over in text?  Or can you let me know the new script?

I have amended according to what you have said.

thanks!

Screenshot.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached is the qvs of the script and a xml with the object of the map.

The object you have to import it from the file menu Import/Import Document Layout. And the script from the Script Editor.. File/Open External Script File... and that will be it... let me know if that works for you.

And send me the xls of the coordinates please.

Not applicable
Author

I am stuck with the same problem. I cant seem to get the map background. I am trying to show a map of South Africa but it just comes up blank.  Please help, busy going insane!