Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hiringel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Governance Dashboard - adding a server node

Hi,

I have I have Governance Dashboard 2.0.1 deployed in a system with a publisher (QVPUB), a production server (QVPROD) and a test server (QVTEST).

The configuration sheet only had server log path to \\qvprod\c$\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer, and the Sessions sheet works well for showing session and user statistics for QVPROD.

Now i tried changing it to include QVTEST by changing "Server Log Path(s)" in Configuration to  "\\qvprod\c$\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer|\\qvtest\c$\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer".

It seems this did not work, as QVTEST has not shown up in the "Node" selection box, and in the Sessions sheet I get no user activity for the applications in the QVTEST accesspoint.

How do I add QVTEST to the Governance Dashboard?

#####EDIT#####:

The answer marked as correct is related to a later issue that arrises in the troubleshooting, regarding a corrupted QVPR.

The answer to my original question is that you go to QMC System Settings and find the correct log path for the second server and put that in. That was my original error, using a false log folder that only appeared to be correct. So, to get Governance dashboard working, I put the following in (all directories have been shared, so instead of "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer", I put "\\QVPROD\QlikViewServer"):

Profile Directory:

\\QVPUB\ETL\1_Prod\4_Files        %%(just to store the QVD's there)

List of File Paths to Scan:

\\QVPUB\ETL\1_Prod | \\QVPUB\ETL\2_Test | \\QVPROD\AccessPoint | \\QVTEST\AccessPoint

Server Log Path(s):

\\QVPROD\QlikViewServer | \\QVTEST\QlikViewServer

Publisher Log Path(s):

\\QVPUB\DistributionService

Repository (QVPR) Path(s):

\\QVPUB\qvpr

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

That error would suggest that your QVTEST installs QVPR is corrupt or has bad parameters.

Can you open the QVTEST log files? Is there any recent data in them?

See Issue when creating new user (Validation of QDS... | Qlik Community for help with the error.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure the paths are right to each directory?

Also I would add space pipe space between the two paths e.g;

\\myServer1\LogPath\ | \\myServer2\LogPath

hiringel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gareth, thanks for the response.

I believe the paths are correct, as the folder for QVTEST opens at the same place and with a similar view as the path for QVPROD.

I changed "|" to " | " and reloaded it. Now the "Node" selection box shows QVPUB, QVPROD and "Unable to identify". There is still no session or user info about any of the test-applications.

I am wondering, could this be a result of some setting on how QVTEST logs? The reason I suggest that is that when I look in \\qvtest\QlikViewServer, there are many fewer .log files than in \\qvprod\QlikViewServer.
In qvprod\QlikViewServer there are .log files for each week, but in qvtest\QlikViewServer there is are only .log files for the latest week.

For instance, QVPROD\QlikViewServer has the log files:
Performance_QVPROD_201752.log

Events_QVPROD_201752.log

Audit_QVPROD_201752.log

Sessions_QVPROD_201752.log

Performance_QVPROD_201751.log

Events_QVPROD_201751.log

Audit_QVPROD_201751.log

Sessions_QVPROD_201751.log

etc....

While QVTEST only has:
Audit_QVTEST.log

Events_QVTEST.log

Perfomance_QVTEST.log

Sessions_QVTEST.log

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

check my previous post reply. it might helpful.

Governance dashboard configuration steps

hiringel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, so this kind of explained itself, I just have to change QMC -> System -> Settings -> QlikView Servers -> Logging. The QVPROD is set to "Event Log Verbosity" medium, and "Split Files" weekly, and that seems to give the desired result in GovernanceDashboard.

But when I try to change it to that in QVTEST, i get the error

An unhandled error occurred.

Validation of QDSSettings object failed: QDSGeneral.ClusterInfo must contain at least one item.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That error would suggest that your QVTEST installs QVPR is corrupt or has bad parameters.

Can you open the QVTEST log files? Is there any recent data in them?

See Issue when creating new user (Validation of QDS... | Qlik Community for help with the error.

hiringel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, thank you for the nudge in the right direction.

There is not recent data, it shows from 2014 and up until 2017-12-17. So something has happened. I will follow this up and perhaps post a new discussion question directed towards this "new" issue.

Thanks!