Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Graph help

I am looking for some help on the following graph:

sales graph.png

I am using the following two formulas:

Bars -

(Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -14), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF) -

ABOVE(Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -14), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF)))

/1000

Line with dots -

Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -14), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF)/1000

I am trying to hide the dot for Oct-13, but show the bars as is currently displayed.  When I try to change the line formula to -13, it causes an error with the access.  Looking for some help to have the proper functionality.

Thank you,

Justin

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just trying to figure out how yours shows as:

sales graph2.png

and mine shows as:

sales graph.png

Just wondering if you had a different setting on as your legend is red and has different numbers shown than mine, or if you had something in your user properties.  Also, could this be a bug or due to me being on a different service release?

Thanks for all the help,

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HareKrishana,

Just wanted to see if you had any other thoughts on the matter of how I can fix this graph?

Thank you again,

Justin

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

TRY LIKE THIS,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shiva,

Thank you for the help.  I am allowing the user to make a monthly selection over 2 years.  With the graph being fluid, how can I take into account to block out the first month similar to your picture?  It works great if I do not allow the user to make selections, but at the current time the request is to have monthly selections.

Thank you again,

Justin

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can try to block only for which object expression ur getting null values not complete month

means i'm trying to blcok only oct-13 not oct-14.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shiva,

Not sure I follow how to do that.  When I suppress null values on the dimension tab, it does not seem to be fluid.  eg. on the graph with no selections I want to block out Oct-13.  But if the user then selections Oct-14, I would want to block out Sep-13.  Based off of your if statement picture, is there a fluid formula that would cover this?

Thanks again,

Justin

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i don't think so apart from that,i can understand ur pain..have to think & come back again.......

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you again Shiva, I am set to get the most current service update today.  I will let you know if that fixes any of the issues.