Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Graphing only a field element, not all of the fields

I have a "Category" field in one of my tables. There are 10 different category types. Is it possible to graph only one of the categories at a time?

Thanx

5 Replies
bismart
Creator
Creator

Trellis chart should do what you want, giving a separate chart for each Category.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are many ways to implement that:

- Add a List Box for Categoty Type and let the user select one

- Or, if you want it to be hidden from the user, you could add a set analysis condition {<CategoryType = ...>}

- Or, you could create a calculated dimension (a little bit heavier) with the condition there: IF( CategoryType = ..., )

Not applicable
Author

HI,

The list box works and I have it working now. The issue I am encountering is when I need to show multiple graphs displaying each of the category data sets, the list boxes over ride. Where does the set analysis condition live?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well, it's kind of a long story... The best way to learn it is to open Help and search for an article called "Set Analysis". It's a 5-pages document with lots of samples, and it's the best source of Set Analysis information I know. The syntax can get a bit tricky, but it's just syntax...

To answer your question specifically, it lives within the aggregation function, right after the opening parenthesis:

sum( {<CategoryType={1}>} Sales)

good luck!

Not applicable
Author

OK...last question albeit stupid. I found the article. Thank you. Where (what tab, what section) does the set analysis go? I believe this will work, I just need to know where to write the clause.

Thanx