Not applicable

Grid Chart. I need an example of Grid Chart with Pie Chart inside

Grid Chart. I need an example of Grid Chart with Pie Chart inside

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andres

This chart confused me a bit too. I instinctively tried to use more than one expression to create the pie chart values, rather than an extra dimension.

See attached example.

To create the grid chart open up a new chart with grid as the type. You need to select 3 dimensions:

Dimension 1 - The X axis dimension

Dimension 2 - The Y axis dimension

Dimension 3 - the dimension that "slices up" the pie charts

The expression creates the values that are displayed in each slice of the pie charts.

To enable the grid chart to display pies instead of dots, go to the style tab and choose the pie chart layout in the "look" frame.

Hope this helps. What sort of problems were you having?

Regards,

Erica

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andres

This chart confused me a bit too. I instinctively tried to use more than one expression to create the pie chart values, rather than an extra dimension.

See attached example.

To create the grid chart open up a new chart with grid as the type. You need to select 3 dimensions:

Dimension 1 - The X axis dimension

Dimension 2 - The Y axis dimension

Dimension 3 - the dimension that "slices up" the pie charts

The expression creates the values that are displayed in each slice of the pie charts.

To enable the grid chart to display pies instead of dots, go to the style tab and choose the pie chart layout in the "look" frame.

Hope this helps. What sort of problems were you having?

Regards,

Erica

praveenkumar_s
Creator II
Creator II

Erica Whalley,

I'm tried, but it shows that the data cannot be displayed. what should i do to display the grid chart and what is the major advantage of grid chart and when to use it...

Regards,

Praveen Kumar S