cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sameera
Contributor II
Contributor II

Grid Chart with 3 dimensions - wrong data values

I'm building a Grid Chart with three dimensions to show events across a time period

- Month Year 

- Program 

- The third dimension is an event that should show up based on the Month Year

The expression I used is a dummy - sum of a measure that has no relevance  but is required for the dots to show up.

My problem is that the grid chart is inconsistent. When I select one program, the events are accurate, but when I filter a particular year, the events turn blank even though they are colored with the right description.

This is the data used for the chart( I combined all events in one month into one row):

ProgramEventEvent DateValue
PROG1EV14/12/201710000
PROG1EV27/11/201810000
PROG1EV38/15/201810000
PROG1EV41/1/202010000
PROG1EV51/29/202020000
PROG1EV61/31/202020000

When the Program is selected, the events are displayed correctly. 

For Year 2017 - Correct event

For Year 2018 - The event is mixed up and one event is not displayed

For Year 2020 - The event is not displayed at all.

I have done a join with one Master Calendar ( Year Month) with the events table (Year MonthKey). I then use MonthYear as a dimension. It seems straightforward , but any filter messes up the data. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You likely need to attach the QVW so folks can have a look at your data model as well as the chart settings in order to try to help you as without that info, they would be shooting in the dark to a large degree, which I suspect is why you have not received any responses as yet.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See duplicate post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/Grid-chart-Wrong-data-on-data-point-labels/m-...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.