Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Group tickets Region wise

Hi, I have 2 columns with country names and ticket numbers. I need to do a graph with country names on x-Axis, but graph has to show India, china as APAC, switzerland and germany as North etc. Please advise how we can show it. I have attached an excel with country names and regions. Graph has to show region wise number of tickets opened. Please assist.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

LOAD ExcelField as YourFieldName,

ExcelRegionField as Region

FROM YourExcelFile;

Keep in mind that your excel, in country name, must be exactlly the same as Oracle, and QlikView is case sensitive.

Regards!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

Load this Excel, with the region Field as the same name of your app region field name.

Then, on your graph, use Region field on X-axis.

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The data I provided is in a oracle database showing the country names. I cannot alter the database. How to do in this case. Please advise.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yo don't need to altet the database, you can load an excel too.

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Hi, 

As you said, I have uploaded the excel with the region Field name same as the name of filed in database. But they are not getting linked to show the results. Once I execute the code it  does not establish link. Please advise how to link the excel table region column with database region column.

Thanks.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The field names must be the same. Alias the Excel region field to the same name as the Oracle field name:

LOAD ExcelRegion as OracleRegion, ...

FROM ...xlsx;

Change the names in the load to the correct names for your fields.

And of course the values in the fields must align.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun,

LOAD ExcelField as YourFieldName,

ExcelRegionField as Region

FROM YourExcelFile;

Keep in mind that your excel, in country name, must be exactlly the same as Oracle, and QlikView is case sensitive.

Regards!