Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Grouped expression bug in QlikView 10

Hi all

Has anybody experienced an issue with grouped expressions in QlikView 10 SR1? I have a straight table chart with several grouped expressions, that you can cycle through using the expression toggle button on each column heading. When the document containing this chart is opened in QlikView 10, the grouped expressions behave very strangely. Toggling one expression causes one of the other expressions to toggle, rather than the expression being toggled. Repeated toggling causes any one of the expressions to toggle, seemingly randomly. In charts with a single group of expressions the toggle function only works occasionally, i.e., not on every click, and after a few clicks stops working at all.

The chart and the grouped expressions work perfectly in QlikView 9.

This also happens if I create a new document from scratch, off different data, and just create a chart with one dimension and four expressions, grouped into groups of two. The expressions do not have the same names.

We have replicated this on completely different machines with different data.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

16 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

this is a known (and new) bug in QV10 SR1. As far as I know there exists a patch since a few days. For Details please contact your local QT-Rep or your QT-Partner.

Regards, Roland

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Roland, I'll contact QlikView.

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

You can also receive the update from within QlikView Desktop

Goto the HELP menu

Select QlikView Update

Select 'Check Now'

You should be taken to the QV Update site and see a link to download the fix (build 8815) for V10 SR1

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks John, downloading now...

Is there an update for QV server? The latest server build for download is 8811.

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

No. This update is purely for the desktop not the server

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Unfortunately the update didn't solve this issue for me. I am still having a problem with grouped expressions in my existing documents. If I have multiple groups they randomly toggle, and if I have a single group it doesn't work at all.

Even if I create a new document in build 8815 from different data and create a simple chart with 1 dimension and two groups of two expressions, I see the same problem.

John, please update this thread when another update or service release comes out that might help, or let me know if there is any more information I can provide to help with testing.

Thanks

Colin.

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Thanks for posting the update Colin. Please report immediately to support. Will have to see if this can be rolled into SR2

Not applicable

Hi all,

I would like to inform you that hte issue "Tables with cyclic expressions groups cycle the wrong groups" is a know bug in QV V 10.

The bug ID is 35440 and the bug is approved, further process are following.

I hope I can help you all with this.

Best regards

Sonja

Not applicable

I have the same problem in the server. I have only tried with 1 group though, with the result that it doesnt swith at all.

Is that the same bug and if not is it also known and by which bug-number?

Is it the same bug if it is the server that is concerned?

It seems to work in the AJAX-client though, but that is not an option for us.

Any other news or plans concerning this?