Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouping parts of dimensions as other in pivot tables

Hi,

I have a problem with grouping a customer dimension in a other post in my sales forecast pivot tables. I always want to keep the same 9 customers + an other post with the rest customers in my pivots.

In stacked bar charts I can do this by limiting the customer in the presentation tab. The same with pie charts where I both can limit the number of slices or set a percentage as gate.

How can I do this in the best way for pivot tables?

Thanks for your help

7 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The suggestions and solution in this thread should help you:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/53546

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Yes, I saw this thread but the difference is that I don't want unselected customers to be grouped into others. I want a defined subset of the selected customer to be grouped into others.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

How do you define which customers are in the subset of currently selected customers?

Not applicable
Author

Either a pre-defined number of customer's (Key customers) and the rest is others or by size. Example; everything below X USD per year is grouped to others.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If the pre-defined list is not dependent on user selections, then flagging them in the script is probably the best way forward.

Can you provide an example of a list of customers and how you want them group on a chart as I'm not sure I follow.

Jason

Not applicable
Author

The table below is a typical example how it looks today.Customer A-D I want to display as is and customer E-H grouped as others without making any selections in the cuustomer field. 

Customer Sales Table.png

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry for the delay mate - I've been swamped lately! I'll try and revisit this today for you.

Jason