Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouping specific items in a ListBox

Hello I am new to this community, thanks in advance for any insight.

I have a list box with different Tasks Numbers (which are coming from an excel file). Each Tasks has an owner (the owner - task relationship isn't listed anywhere). I'd like to be able to Select an owner, and automatically see the tasks owned.

List Box Tasks:
Task 1
Task 2
Task 3

Task 4

I know that John owns Task 1, 2, 3, and Bob is the owner of Task4. How can I create a dropdown or a filter which will let me select on "Bob", and I would only see Task1, Task2, Task3? Im open to using expressions, or creating a new object, or dealing with this at the script level.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Add another table to your model (replace YourTaskTable and YourTaskField with the name of the already loaded task table and task field from excel) to make the task - owner relationship

left join (YourTaskTable)

load * inline [

Owner, YourTaskField

John, Task 1

John, Task 2

John, Task 3

Bob, Task 4

];

add a listbox with the Owner field

You can do the same adding a sheet to your excel with the relationship and loading the 2 sheets (task, task-owner relationship) from excel into Qlik.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

It depends on how your data model is structured? Is it something like this?

Owner, Task

John, Task 1

John, Task 2

John, Task 3

Bob, Task 4

If they are somehow linked to each other, you can use a text box or any other chart object to show the relationship. Where exactly are you trying to do this?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Add another table to your model (replace YourTaskTable and YourTaskField with the name of the already loaded task table and task field from excel) to make the task - owner relationship

left join (YourTaskTable)

load * inline [

Owner, YourTaskField

John, Task 1

John, Task 2

John, Task 3

Bob, Task 4

];

add a listbox with the Owner field

You can do the same adding a sheet to your excel with the relationship and loading the 2 sheets (task, task-owner relationship) from excel into Qlik.

Not applicable
Author

This worked like a charm! Thank you very much. This was helpful and taught me how to manipulate tables at the script level.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can learn a lot (for script level) from this doc

LOAD data into QlikView