Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HELP! About sum()

Hello!,

I am really confused right now about what I have done. The sum() function keeps on doubling my values in my straight table!

What should I look at? What are the things I should consider to find the source of the problem?

Is using DISTINCT okay? I mean, is it alright if I use DISTINCT?

Thank you so much,

Donna

5 Replies
advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Donna,

Have you fetched the aggregated data !! If yes then there is no need to use SUM function. You may directly called the same field in expression without using any function.

You may pull aggregated data from the source,you may use calculations and transformations while fetching the data. but this is not a good practice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Hi Advait,

Yes, It is already the aggreate data, but I need to have the total at the top and It doesn't show if I don't use sum(). Anyways, Thanks for the reply. Will DISTINCT actually help? or is it ok if I use DISTINCT?

Thanks,

Donna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are you summing from a transaction table but displaying this in a chart/table using a dimension that is from another table in your datamodel. If so, could the the links between your tables be creating this doubling of the transaction measure. If the links between the two tables are not unique you can get duplicates.

Jonathan

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Donna,

For summing up the total. Please go to

Properties> Presentation tab > and here you will find the option. Subtotals. You may flag in that option.

This will work.

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

thank you guys for all the help. Problem solved!