cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II

Has ApplyMap changed in Qlikview 12?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Qlikview 11 ApplyMap did not throw an error if it did not find the Mapping table. With Qlikview 12 it throws a map_id not found error. With what version/SR did this change happen?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
t_witzgall
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Saket

in the Release notes for QlikView 12.10 (initial release) it says:

Changed error handling when mapping tables

You can find it on page 4, section "Other Changes Included in this release" -> "Changed behaviour in QlikView 12.10 scripts".

Previously, unsucccessful ApplyMap statements would be ignored and the reload would complete successfully. The new behaviour will let users know if the script is failing to apply a map as it was expected from the script.

Regards

Tamara

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's really a new feature within QV 12 whereby I couldn't say in which release it was introduced - is this important an any way?

- Marcus

koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Nope. I wished to confirm it surely did not throw an error in Qlikview 11. I remember mistakenly placing the mapping table after the load statement which called it, and thinking why isn't it working and neither throwing an error. Wondering if this change happened in later SRs of QV11 or with QV12. Nevertheless, a welcome change to the function.

t_witzgall

Hi Saket

in the Release notes for QlikView 12.10 (initial release) it says:

Changed error handling when mapping tables

You can find it on page 4, section "Other Changes Included in this release" -> "Changed behaviour in QlikView 12.10 scripts".

Previously, unsucccessful ApplyMap statements would be ignored and the reload would complete successfully. The new behaviour will let users know if the script is failing to apply a map as it was expected from the script.

Regards

Tamara