Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Headers over Column Names

Hi,

I have to create a table where I am using expressions to generate the columns "Apr '16", "May '16".....

How do I create headers on top of these columns as shown below?

I need to create Headers "Quantity", "Monthly" and "Yearly" on top of the month names.

Note: These header values do not exist anywhere, so I can't use them as Dimension and pull on top of the Month Columns.

Delete.JPG

17 Replies
sunny_talwar

Where are you imagine those headers will go in your attachment? I am having difficulty imagining where are you wanting these headers to do?

rubenmarin

Hi, you can try adding a calculated dimension like:

=ValueList('Quantity', 'Monthly', 'Yearly')

In this case the expressions should check the top header:

If(ValueList('Quantity', 'Monthly', 'Yearly')='Quantity', QuantityExpression,

If(ValueList('Quantity', 'Monthly', 'Yearly')='Monthly', QuantityExpression,

If(ValueList('Quantity', 'Monthly', 'Yearly')='Yearly', QuantityExpression)))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I need to categorize the monthly columns into "Quantity", "Monthly" and "Yearly", Sunny. That's how I am doing in the Excel manually. But how do I create those Category Headers in Qlikview is my question.

Ruben Marin gave something to try. Am gonna try it and see if it works.

sunny_talwar

Yup, give it a short. If it doesn't work, I suggest sharing a sample of what you are envision and we might be able to help you better

rubenmarin

If doesn't works I support the sample idea, it's easier for us and you will get a tested answer instead of a try... althought the option to test yourself is good for self-learning.

Btw: Another easy option if columns are fixed is using text boxes to simulate the headers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For your better understanding of the problem statement, I have created a sample file.

It contains Month and Value as Columns.

I am creating expressions so that I get the total sum for each month.

I need to create another header over months as shown below:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, Mar 2016  columns should have another main header over their columns names saying "2016 Quarter1".

Similarly, Apr 2016, May 2016 and May 2016 should have another header over the month names saying "2016 Quarter2".

How do I get that header?

sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

I used a pivot table.

Dimensions

1st Dim - Month

2nd Dim - =Year(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')) & ' Quarter' & Ceil(Month(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY'))/3)

3rd Dim - Month

Note: Had to use Date#() function because your Month field was not read as date. You probably won't need to do it

Expression

Sum(Value)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. Here is the catch.

With this case, adding new Dimensions and Expressions is messing up the whole table.

When I add new Expression, it is populating under every month, as the dimension does that work. This definitely works if I only have Month and the Value in the Chart but once I start adding other dims and exps, it messes up

sunny_talwar

Can you may be share an updated qvw where the things are getting messed up