Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Headers over Column Names

Hi,

I have to create a table where I am using expressions to generate the columns "Apr '16", "May '16".....

How do I create headers on top of these columns as shown below?

I need to create Headers "Quantity", "Monthly" and "Yearly" on top of the month names.

Note: These header values do not exist anywhere, so I can't use them as Dimension and pull on top of the Month Columns.

Delete.JPG

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I just created another expression called OCTOBER 2016. You will find that the expression is being evaluated over every month. This expression is just an example. If this is the case, if I add other dimensions and expressions that I need to include in the chart, it will sabotage whole chart

sunny_talwar

What is the sabotage?

Just had to move some stuff around, but isn't this what you want?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you see the OCTOBER 2016 expression being evaluated for every month? Why do we need that? If that is happening to this expression, if I add more expressions further, they all will be evaluated for every month (in this case 12 times for 12 months).

sunny_talwar

Yes, that seems to be an issue. I haven't able to resolve this. May be someone else can

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, but your solution does work like a charm if I am dealing only with two entities, Month and the values corresponding to those months. Unfortunately, I need to add many more dimensions and expressions.

sunny_talwar

See if this helps:

Script:

Load * Inline

[

Month,Value

Jan 2016,2

Jan 2016,4

Jan 2016,6

Feb 2016,1

Feb 2016,3

Mar 2016,5

Mar 2016,6

Apr 2016,10

Apr 2016,1

May 2016,4

May 2016,3

Jun 2016,1

Jun 2016,5

Jul 2016,2

Jul 2016,6

Aug 2016,1

Sep 2016,7

Oct 2016,1

Oct 2016,4

Oct 2016,7

Nov 2016,9

Dec 2016,10

];

Dim:

LOAD * Inline [

ExpHeader

];

Capture.PNG

Dimensions

1) Month

2) =Year(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY')) & ' Quarter' & Ceil(Month(Date#(Month, 'MMM YYYY'))/3)

3) Month

4) =Pick(ExpHeader, 'Sum Total', 'Sum Oct')

Expression

=Pick(ExpHeader, Sum(Value), if(Month='Oct 2016', sum(Value)))

As long as you have just one expression, everything can work for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. We can do this for one expression. But we can't keep adjusting for other dimensions and expressions if they are too many. I will think about what you have provided.

sunny_talwar

You can do this for 100 expression in a go with a very long pick statement