Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jameswills
Contributor II
Contributor II

Help! Dynamic Axes Ranges

Help! I am new to Qlikview and would welcome some assistance with the following:

I have a basic chart which reports Period WTE values (Y Axis) for a given month (X Axis). The value could range from 1 right up to around 10,000 per month. Can I use a function in the "Scale - Static Min/Max" to dynamically alter the expressions Y axis range based on the min/max value + or - 500 of the expression value or even a percentage increase/decrease of the expression value? i.e If the value is 1000 for month 1 and 2000 for month 2 I would like the Y Axis range to start at 500 and max out at 2500?

Any help on the expression required would be gratefully received.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi James, using 10% precentage of the max/min expression value you can use something like:

Min:

Min(Aggr(Expression), Dimension1, Dimension2...) * 0.9

Max:

Max(Aggr(Expression), Dimension1, Dimension2...) * 1.1

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi James, using 10% precentage of the max/min expression value you can use something like:

Min:

Min(Aggr(Expression), Dimension1, Dimension2...) * 0.9

Max:

Max(Aggr(Expression), Dimension1, Dimension2...) * 1.1

jameswills
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Ruben, worked a treat

Regards

James

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi James

Could you please mark Rubens answer as  correct answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ruben, I have a similar question and would like to ask for your help.

I would like to set the y axis change dynamic when I change the x range at the green rectangle scroll part.

y axis.JPG

I use the following min/max at Y-axis custom range, but the y axis still keep the same when I change x range at the green rectangle scroll part.

Min ( Aggr ( Sum ( myNumber ) , myDate ))

Max ( Aggr ( Sum ( myNumber ) , myDate ))

I also attach the qvf.

Could you please give any suggestion?

Thanks!

rubenmarin

Hi, so far I know the default chart sets the min and max values of the axis for all the chart.

With extensions you can create the zooming effect but I'm still learning using d3 and I didn't tried yet to implement this functionality in a visualization.

Hope some other user can give you more help.