Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help Needed!!

Hi,

I have attached the snapshot of the error which i am getting..

This happens as soon as i reload the script..

Can any one help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Capture.JPG

12 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

This gives information about data fetching in particular table which you mentioned in the script. After sucesful fetched this dialog box disappear because tick of close when finished at the bottom..  For every reload it checks all data fetchibg correctly or not.

hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for replying..in an ideal scenario it does disapper, but in my case it hangs and i am forced to restart qlikview. Also, the script which is supposed to be executed does not get executed..

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Hmmm,

I wonder if the reason it is hanging is because QlikView is creating 'synthetic keys'.

Have the tables "Dec-Mar_USD" and "Dec-Apr"_USD got the same field names in them? If so then QlikView will try to create relationships on these fields and could take quite a long time, depending on how many fields you have in common in the two tables.

Are you aware of the 'Qualify' keyword? This may help you to stop QlikView relating the fields in the two tables together and then you will be able to look at the results.

Hope this helps,

Chris

MayilVahanan

hi

i think in script any issues..did u check it. did u give same name for all table name.try debug instead of reload n give limited data to fetch . hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying..yes "Dec-Mar_USD" and "Dec-Apr"_USD has the same field name in them..The issue is sorted now..one of the colums in one sheet did not match the other..

Could you give a little idea about the qualify keyword? Since i am very new to this, I am still in the exploring mood.

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayil,

The issue is sorted now..one of the colums in one sheet did not match the other..

thanks a ton..

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry, had to disappear into a meeting. Glad you got it sorted though, off to the next challenge!

Chris

chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Just briefly, using Qualify on particular fields will insert the table name before the field name so for example the "Exchange Rate" field in the Currency table would become "Currency.Exchange Rate". This means that if you have another field called "Exchange Rate", because the field names are now different, QlikView will not make a relationship between the two.

I'm sure the help will probably explain it better than I have!

As you have seen though, you can fix the problem without the need to use the Qualify keyword which is great. Usually I find that using the Qualify keyword is just a temporary thing before I have fully developed my data model.

Keep exploring, I've been using QlikView for the best part of 2 and a half years and I still am!

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot..Shall keep you in the loop if I run across any difficulties..