Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help With Network Setup

So I have been tasked with getting out Qlikview box to talk to our web servers by the powers that be at my company and needless to say, I am a little out of my comfort zone.  I am a software engineer (code monkey) and I am really bad with the networking aspect so please hold my hand when answering.

Here is the issue, we have two web servers hosted off site by another company.  These web server host our application and are available to the outside world through our domain.  We have decided to hire contractors to build us a Qlikview solution that will give us some high level business reporting that our current system doesn't have.  So here is the problem, my task has been to get the web servers talking to the Qlikview box.  Overall, we would like to keep the Qlikview box internal and not have to expose it to the outside world.  What we would like to happen is the user hits www.mydomain.com/reports and sees the Qlikview box.

So here is what I have done so far.  Using the example url above, I have created a directory on our web servers (web1 and web2) called reports.  I have set up IIS to load default.html under the report directory on web1 and web 2.  I then added the html page to simply redirect to the Qlikview box (lets call it Qlik1).  When I am on web1 or web2 and hit the url, i can connect to Qlik1.  When I try to hit the url from the outside world I am told that the page cannot be found. 

I am assuming that this is because Qlik1 is not exposed to the outside world and does not have an external IP address.  So the question is, what can I do?  Currently for our reporting we are using Reporting Services within our application.  We send requests to the RS box, the report data comes back, no problems.  In this case, we actually want to take the user to Qlikview, not just request information.  Is there a way to set this up so we can route all traffic through our web servers and never expose Qlik1 to the outside world? 

I know this is long winded but again, I am really out of my element here so any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

0 Replies