Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help me in to the rolling 12 months

Hello Everyone,

Please help me into the rolling 12 months. with attached excel and qvd

MY requirement is below:

i have month wise revenue data for three years, 2012, 2013 and 2014

if i select year it should show the 12 months of change (2014 revenue/2013 revenue) of selected year.

dimension is month-year

if i select month and year, for example if i select jun and 2014, it should show previous 12 months data, means from jun 2014 to july 2013

here for july 2013 the change is July 2013/July2012 value should show.

Change i cannot calculate separately. i should calculate in the expression only

Please help me to achieve this.

Big thanks in advance

12 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Like this?

Not applicable
Author

Hello Manish,

Thanks for the reply,

1) i don't have Year_Month as filter,(when i select the year and month it should change accordingly)

2) for single value it is fine, i wanted to calculate the change between two years. The formula is like below

=SUM({<Year={2014},YearMonth = {'>=$(=(Max(YearMonth)-11))<=$(=Max(YearMonth) )'}>}Change("currentyear/Previous Year))

/

=SUM({<Year={2013}YearMonth = {'>=$(=(Max(YearMonth)-11))<=$(=Max(YearMonth) )'}>}Change(PreviousYear/Previous to Previous Year))

Please help into this

Thanks

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I think you are getting Year and Month from your date field... If yes, you can use this date field to create YearMonth....

Not applicable
Author

I can create based on the date, but user do not want that way.

and also please help me in the change calculation.

Thanks

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can I have the Logic explanation behind your expression? I would create accordingly

Not applicable
Author

Formula that i am using now:

it is giving the correct value but for the dimension it is not working

=num((((((sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)},Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'}>}aggr(sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)}  , Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'} >}Revenue1),Code)))/

((sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)} , Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'}>}No_Of_Rooms))*(sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)},Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'}  >}No_Of_Days))))

/

((sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)},Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'}>}aggr(sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)}  , Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'} >}Revenue2),Code)))/

((sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)} , Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'}>}Avail_Rooms))*(sum({$<Year_No={$(vCY)}  , Month_Year={'>=$(vMaxMonthYear_PY12) <=$(vMaxYearMonth)'} >}No_Of_Days)))))

/

(((sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'}>}aggr(sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'} >}Revenue1),Code)))/

((sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'}>}No_Of_Rooms))*(sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'}>}No_Of_Days))))

/

((sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'}>}aggr(sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'} >}Revenue2),Code)))/

((sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'}>}Avail_Rooms))*(sum({$<Year_No={$(vPY)},Month_Year={'>=$(Variable1) <=$(vMaxPYearMonth)'}>}No_Of_Days))))))-1),'#,##0.00%')

vMaxMonthYear_PY12 : =date(AddMonths(vMaxYearMonth,-11),'MM/DD/YYYY')

vMaxYearMonth=max({<Flag={'D360'}>} Date( Date# ( Month&'-'&Year_No,'MMM-YYYY'),'MMM-YYYY'))

Variable1=date(AddMonths(vMaxPYearMonth,-11),'MM/DD/YYYY')

vMaxPYearMonth==date#(max({<Flag={'D360'}>} Date(Date#(Month,'MMM'),'MMM'))&'-'&(Max({<Flag={'D360'}>}date(Year_No-1, 'YYYY'))),'MMM-YYYY')

Not applicable
Author

Can anybody look into this please,

Not applicable
Author

No Reply

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want to achieve this with out using master calendar

Introduce a fiscal year Colum in the spread sheet and load fiscal year to qlikview.

and look at the attached QV