Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help needed on history data with deltas/diffs, to calculate complete totals

Hi all,

I have a set of Data I imported which contains data in this format:

UIDCLIENT_IDSTATUSUPDATE_DATEINFO1INFO2
0011A2010-02-02Some info 1Some info 2
0022A2010-02-02Some info 1Some info 2
0031B2010-02-05Some info 123Some info 245
0043A2010-02-05Some info ABCSome info DEF

Essentially, it contains the changes that are happening to a clients table, keeping the history data for the client changes (active, inactive).

Based on this table I need to extract the active clients for the dates where the updates occurred.

My problem is that I only have the changes (diffs or deltas as I usually refer to) and I can't figure out a way to calculate the number of clients which are active for a given date.

What happens is that if I select just one of the dates I get the count for that date, which will only contain those that were updated on that date and no the ones that are active but didn't have a change on that date (which is most of them).

I was wondering if someone could help me out on this.

The output should be something similar to this:

2010-02-02 2010-02-05

Active 80 85

Inactive 10 5

What I'm getting after several attempts will eventually get similar to this:

2010-02-02 2010-02-05

Active 80 5

Inactive 10 -

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There should be two active orders for Client 1 on the 5th, since a new order came in, and another one was still active.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Really? I count two total records for client 1 on the 5th. One is A (I assume active) and the other B (inactive I guess). Either way, something like this should work

load client_id, update_date, sum(if(status='A',1,0)) as Active, sum(if(status='B',1,0)) as Inactive
resient YourSourceData group by client_id, update_date

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As I mentioned in the post, the data only contains the differences, so if you look at it you will find that order nr 2 is still active on day 5, but since there were no changes, there wasn't a record created for order nr 2 on day 5, yet it should still be accounted as active. And this is what is taking my time, trying to figure out a solution for this.

I will see if I can do something with what you mention, but from a quick view I think probably not.

Thanks.

RicardoRamos
Employee
Employee

In logical terms here is what you need:

1-All records where the date is bigger than the update date minus all the records where the date is smaller than the update date;

2-All records with Active status to true.

Here is something that might work:

count({<STATUS={'A'}, UPDATE_DATE={"<= $(vDate)"}-{>$(vDate)}>}CLIENT_ID)

Not applicable
Author

Hi ricardo,

This should work for the client scenario.

Did you get the chance to look into the order scenario?

Thanks.