Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help needed with Cross tables years and month data.

Hi!

I know about Cross tables, but the file I have a little complex and could appreciate your help.

Here is a snapshop from Excel

In the first column we have countries/regions. after that every column is a year and a month. so 2006M04 - is April 2005. This goes from 2006 till present day.

a.JPG

The object in Qlikview is to make line graphs on this.

The problem i face with using Crosstable for this is that I can really put all of the 2006M04... into years or month as they include both. Ideally i would like to have both month and year to play around with later.

Would anyone know a solution for this? Could the first row be named in a better way to generate month and year perhaps!

Thanks

Yahya

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Convert them into a monthYear format in a resident load. May be this:

Date(Date#(PurgeChar(Date, 'M'), 'YYYYMM'), 'YYYY-MM') as Date

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can firts do a crostable load, and then use a resident load. Something like this:

Data:

Load * Inline [Geo,2006M04,2006M05,2006M06

Belgium,10,20,30

Germany,11,21,31

France,12,22,32

Spain,13,23,33

];

Tmp:

CrossTable(Time, Data,1) load * resident Data;

Load

Geo,

Left(Time,4) as Year,

Right(Time,2) as Month,

Data as Value

resident Tmp;

Drop Table Tmp;

Drop Table Data;

Result.png

See also attached

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunny, is it possible for me to somehow reach you? I think you have a really nice and simple solution. I could even give you a call. (I can't seem to find a button to drop you an email)    

sunny_talwar

I have followed you, once you accept it, you will be able to send me private message where I can provide you with my email id.

But I feel that, in order to get best solutions, you need to share your information with everyone and I think Piet Hein van der Stigchel‌ solution is also a good solution. It will all depend on your exact requirement.

Best,

Sunny