Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III

Help required for code optimization??

Hello Everyone,

I have this situation where in  i have five bar charts.....i am picking up top five values from the list box which is sorted according to highest sales.....so i pick up first location name and display details for that location in first bar chart.....now thing is  i have to declare five variables ....

vLocation1 =AGGR(IF(RANK((  SUM({$<Item_Ledger_Entry_Type_Code={0}>}Cost_Amt_Actual)  +    SUM({$<Item_Ledger_Entry_Type_Code={0}>}Cost_Amt_Expected)    ) /100000)=1,Location_Name_Short),Location_Name_Short)   

and in bar chart i am using calculated dimeson as follows..

=if(Location_Name_Short=vLocation1,Upper(Item_Name))

can declaring so many variables be avoided....

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit

8 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

I am seeing only one variable there .

Well it is ok

rohitians
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Only the rank changes.. every thing else would remain the same..

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Ok give me sample please Rohit

Not applicable

Hi,

You want to have seperate chart for each ranked location right, first chart to show item for rank 1 location, second chart to show rank 2 location, etc., In that case, I guess you hav to go with 5 set of variables.

rohitians
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have 5 set of variables already i want to avoid those five so is der any way i can do that.....

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can use a parameterised variable like this:

Set vLocation1 = AGGR(IF(RANK((SUM({$<Item_Ledger_Entry_Type_Code={0}>}Cost_Amt_Actual)  +   SUM({$<Item_Ledger_Entry_Type_Code={0}>} Cost_Amt_Expected)) /100000)=$1,Location_Name_Short),Location_Name_Short)  

And then use this it like this:

=if(Location_Name_Short='$(vLocation1(1))',Upper(Item_Name))

=if(Location_Name_Short='$(vLocation1(2))',Upper(Item_Name))

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rohitians
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Jonathan I thaught of this but it is showing syntax error... at $1..

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Make sure you are using Set and not Let to define Location1. I didnt test so you might need to play with the = signs to get it to work.

Set vLocation1 = =AGGR(IF(RANK((SUM({$...

Test the macro expansion of Location1 in a textbox:

=$(Location1(1))

=$($(Location1(1)))

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein