Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Help required in getting the Contribution column based on RANK

Hi,

We have created the straight table as mentioned in the excel(till Sales column). Now we are stuck while creating the "Contribution" column(The formula is as mentioned in the excel). The expression of "Sales" is as mentioned in the txt file. Could you please help create the "Contribution" column?

I have put the comments in the txt file to understand the expression better. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance

21 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I got all your points Sunny. Since the application is huge and design itself is very complex I couldn't come up with a similar sample application since the granularity level should be same in my sample application as well.

But yeah i agree with you that to get the answers here we must have sample application so that everyone can understand it but unfortunately I couldn't do that for the reasons I have mentioned above.

Thanks for your valuable time and support.

sunny_talwar

Have you tried looking at this link? Offers a great way to reduce the sample size and scramble any confidential data, while keeping the data model intact

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I dont wish to share it in public. Is there is anyother way I can share it with you in community?

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you! I got your request but where do i share the qvw file privately. Please let me know that. Sorry it is very silly question.

sunny_talwar

Can you send me a message or add me as a connection so that I can send you a message?

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have already received your request from you for the connection and accepted it. Can you send the message now.

sunny_talwar

For me to send you a message you will have to add me as a connection. its weird, but that's how it it

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks this will work as per the RAW data which is in the excel but actual Sales which is attached based on that I need to create the Contribution column. Hope the requirement is understandable.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

i have already added you as a connection I will try sending you message now.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Message sent now please check