Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help required to evaluate if attached excel data structure can be created in Qlikview

Hello,

I am trying to replicate one of my existing excel template into Qlikview.

I have attached the excel template for your reference. Please refer to tab "PL01C-BAL1" and look for formulas only as i have not update the data for now.

In the excel template I have a financial hirearchy.

for example :

Revenue                XXX

Less COS            -XXX 

= Gross Profit        XXX

Less Opex Exp     -XXX

= Operating Profit   XXX

In between each of these data points i have to calculated few metrics like Gross Profit%, Opex Exp% etc.

How do I create similar to the Excel view in Qlikview. I belive straight Table or Pivot can not be used solely, but need some script to be written within these Objects to show the metrics calculation like Gross Profit% etc.

Kindly request you to help me with your suggestions.

Thanks,

Vinayaka

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps the approach mentioned here can help you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

I am not sure whether its possible or not, but I am here by attaching few document which may help you.

In Data Visualization App, there is a example for butterfly chart.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the data. But I am looking for representing the data in a Vertical form.

In the qvw file that you sent, Straight Table and Pivot is used to represent the same in Horizontal form.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to represent the data in Vertical form.

Thanks,

Vinayaka

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps the approach mentioned here can help you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand