Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help to Resolve Circular Reference

Hello,

How can i resolve this circular reference below.

Circular.jpg

Thank you

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

it looks to me that your Municipios table stores the name for the code field CD_MUNICIPIO and that you would like to use that name field in the 2 tables "Lojas" and "Clientes". If you only need 1 field from Municipios then you can use a Mapping Load. Mapping tables do not remain in your data model and therefore you will eliminate the Circular Reference:

Note: Do you load your tables with a Preceding Load statement? You need that for this solution.

1) Load the table "Municipios" as a Mapping table by adding the prefix Mapping before your Load statement for Municipios.

2) Give the field CD_MUNICIPIO a unique name in the tables "Lojas" and "Clientes"

3) For your "Lojas" and "Clientes" tables, below your renamed CD_MUNICIPIO field add a field using the ApplyMap statement:

applymap('Municipios', CD_MUNICIPIO_Renamed,'Text if Code does not exist') as [Field Name], 

I hope this helps,

Ingo.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ingo!

Do you have example of this?

Thank you!!

Not applicable
Author

• Go to the Examples on your Qlikview Application Start Page:
  • Open the sample application "Online Sales"
    • Go to the Script Editor tab "Mapping" ...shows you how to create a Mapping Load
    • Go to the tab "Orders" to see the applymap

Ingo.