Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris1987
Creator
Creator

Help with Aggr Function / Max Function

Hi,

I have a simple table that contains the following informatino that I'm trying to extract:

SalesRep

QuoteNumber

QuoteVersion

QuoteValue

QuoteStatus

What happens is that Sales Reps generate various quotes so ther could be version 1, version 2, version 3 etc. but I don't want to add all the values up, just get the "Newest" (highest numbered) quote.

What I'm trying to do is, in a listbox, Put the SalesRep in Column 1, then in Column 2 put the amount of the highest quotes (maximum version number of each quote) that is open (OrderStatus='R')

So for example:

SalesMan1 has quote 123 version 1 with a value of £100 and an QuoteStatus of "R"

SalesMan1 has quote 123 version 2 with a value of £50 and an QuoteStatus of "R"

SalesMan2 has quote 345 version 1 with a value of £200 and an QuoteStatus of "R"

SalesMan2 has quote 345 version 2 with a value of £500 and an QuoteStatus of "R"

SalesMan3 has quote 678 version 1 with a value of £900 and an QuoteStatus of "R"

SalesMan3 has quote 678 version 2 with a value of £400 and an QuoteStatus of "C"

In the listbox I will just be presented with:

SalesMan1 £50 (because the value of the highest open quote version is 2, which is for £50)

SalesMan2 £500 (because the value of the highest open quote version is 2, which is for £500)

SalesMan3 £900 (because the value of the highest open quote version is 1, which is for £900)

I've manager to get it working using the below function in but you have to put a filter on the quote number for it to work.

=money(sum({$<[Quote Status]={R},[Version Number]={$(=max({$}[Version Number]))}>}[Total Value of Quote]))

I think I need to use the Aggr() but I'm not 100%

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this:

Sum({<[Quote Status]={R}>}

Aggr(

FirstSortedValue({<[Quote Status]={R}>} [Total Value of Quote], -[Version Number])

,SalesRep, QuoteNumber

)

)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this:

Sum({<[Quote Status]={R}>}

Aggr(

FirstSortedValue({<[Quote Status]={R}>} [Total Value of Quote], -[Version Number])

,SalesRep, QuoteNumber

)

)

chris1987
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, worked perfectly!

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Stefan,

Just a quick question for my knowledge purpose..

Why do we need {<[Quote Status]={R}>} when we are already using it inside Aggr() function ?

Do you think the below will work ?

Sum(

Aggr(

,SalesRep, QuoteNumber

)

)

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, this probably works as well.

Without knowing the real data model, it's kind of difficult to exactely tell what's working or not.

So better safe then sorry:

Set Analysis in the Aggr function

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Got it,,,

Thank you.